Celebrity Blogger | Chanel Brown- Read My Lipstick: “The L.L.G.”- Entry # 12
Earlier this year I started a blog on tumblr , but somehow wasn’t completing my original mission to collect stories from other feminine lesbians. Instead I was posting articles based on questions received from followers. I deleted the account and am now here on this Fabulous Femme blog site. I feel more productive sharing my experiences with everyone and giving advice. However, I often battle in my head if distinguishing characteristics and experiences solely for the feminine lesbian contradicts my overall belief in unity. I say no. To know yourself is to know what connects us to others. So for fun I’ve gathered some street term created for us feminine lesbos. Which best describes you?
Lipstick Lesbian Glossary
• Lipstick Lesbian: A feminine woman who is attracted to other feminine women.
• Femme: A feminine woman who is attracted to masculine women, or “butch”.
• Chapstick Lesbian: A Lesbian who is not butch or femme in style, but rather somewhere
in between. Sometimes called a “stem”
• Sapphist: A Lesbian of culture and refinement.
• Lesbian Chic: When straight people marvel over stylish dykes.
• Diesel Femme: A feminine Lesbian who fixes her own car.
• Fem2Fem: A Lipstick Lesbian couple.
• Aggressive “AG” Lipstick: A Lesbian who is feminine in appearance and masculine in
personality. They keep their heels short.
• High Femme: A femme who dresses very femininely: high heels, makeup, skirts, etc.